Under regular supervision, this position is responsible for assisting the Executive Vice President of Development and Production and the Vice Presidents of Alternative & Production with administrative functions. Sidecar is proud to support a culture of creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and community that attracts the industry’s brightest talent. This position offers an exciting opportunity for you to gain practical experience and to participate in real-world projects, which provides valuable work experience and leadership skills.
- Answer busy phones, route calls, takes messages and maintains detailed phone logs.
- Schedule and coordinates meetings and appointments.
- Perform word processing and distribution of letters, memos and other correspondence.
- Handle filing, and photocopying.
- Prepare and processes expense reports.
- Manage and schedule travel and production schedules.
- Track all creative submissions and pitches.
- Manage internal documents for team and department.
- Maintains production paperwork.
- Perform various other duties, as required and assigned.
- Updating credit information on writers, talent and showrunners
- Tracking all submissions and pitches; and maintaining production paperwork
- Researching projects and providing coverage of incoming submissions.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 1-year minimum of administrative assistant experience in a talent agency is required.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including a professional telephone manner and the ability to appropriately prioritize multiple, important calls.
- Exceptional organizational and project coordination skills are required.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through skills are needed.
- Knowledge of Word, Outlook and Excel is necessary. Experience with InEntertainment and Concur is a plus
- The ability to independently prioritize work and handle multiple tasks with set deadlines is necessary.
- The ability to work overtime is needed.
- Candidates must love to read, research, and be obsessed with pop culture (with an eye towards animation, comedy and alternative television).
- Interest/experience in physical production is a plus.