Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing full administrative support to the VP, Release Planning, Epic Records. Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Proofread physical packaging (CD, Vinyl, cassette) to ensure correct credits
- Screen and direct incoming calls and emails.
- Initiate phone calls and telephone/video conferences.
- Coordinate access to VP and maintain VP's schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, and teleconferences.
- Act as a liaison between the VP and a wide array of internal and external contacts including senior company management, artist managers, and internal Epic/Sony departments
- Prepare business expense reports in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Coordinate travel when needed.
- Coordinate and draft correspondence and presentations using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Order and maintain files, music product, office supplies, and tickets for the department.
- Train, supervise, and evaluate interns for the department.
- Provide back-up support for other members of the department as needed.
- Enter PO’s and process invoices.
- Enter and track JIRA tickets for audio and video QC and upload to Sony delivery systems
- Enter keywords and YouTube descriptions for Epic videos
- College graduate with 1 year of previous administrative experience in the music business preferred.
- Flexibility in adapting to re-prioritized tasks.
- Calm, positive, and professional demeanor within a fast-paced environment.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite (including PowerPoint).
- Strong and professional written and oral communication skills.
- Additional skills, abilities, and/or traits that are necessary to succeed in this position include: organization; discretion; confidentiality; integrity; initiative; meticulous attention to detail; multi-tasking ability; ability to handle and work with all types of personalities; sensitivity to cultural differences; self-confidence; ability to excel in stressful and demanding situations; resourcefulness; ability to anticipate what's next; strong work ethic and a sense of humor.
- Must be punctual and available to work overtime as needed.