H. Kramer & Co., a Chicago area foundry manufacturing copper based alloys, is seeking to hire a Welder A/Mechanic employee. The pay range for this position is based on experience.
- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the causes of errors or other problems or defects.
- Service, repair, adjust, and test machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primary on the basis of mechanical principles.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Operate cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal.
- Inspect drives, motors, pumps, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions.
- Checks all welding equipment prior to use, such as: regulator, hoses, torch assemblies, insulation and connection wires to ensure safe operation.
- Welds metal with appropriate rod, utilizing standard welding techniques for the job at hand.
- Repairs, fabricates equipment to close tolerances, and assembles frames, brackets, pipes, plates etc. according to drawings, plans, and instruction.
- Ability to weld all grades of steel including stainless steel.
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded.
- Sets up, assembles and tack welds parts.
- Provide proof of a clean safety record.
- Minimum of 5 years of Welding & Mechanical Maintenance experience.
- Must be able to trouble shoot / determine causes of operating errors, and decide what to do about it. Must be able to read drawings and sketches.
- High School graduation
- Forklift and other necessary equipment experience
- Able to work any shift and overtime
We offer a competitive wages and benefit package. We are a Union facility.