The SCCM Engineer will be responsible for software distribution and patch management as well as building and deploying software packages to workstations and servers. The SCCM Engineer will provide administration support for software package development and configuration management and will research and evaluate software and hardware technologies.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Working knowledge and hands on experience with SCCM 1906
- Responsible for writing and maintaining procedural and design documentation
- Analyze, optimize, and integrate applications and services
- Tier III support with in-depth knowledge of desktop/server/application troubleshooting
- Leads research and develop new technology, tools and scripts to support desktop computing and the end user desktop experience
- Extensive hands-on experience automating processes through scripting using VBScript and or PowerShell
Desired Skills and Practical Experience
- Experience with Windows patching and application deployment solution and support in a large environment
- Thorough understanding of Active Directory; including replication, GPO and DNS.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft SCCM.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows operating system patching, enterprise class desktop and server hardware and software such as Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 2012, Windows 2016 and antivirus.
- Remote management and troubleshooting, Asset management and inventory.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking for LAN and WAN.
- Strong understanding of enterprise anti-virus solutions, endpoint data protection, and encryption.
- Advanced knowledge of registry, permissions, and drivers and software required.